|Stripes // Polka Dots // Pretty Paper // Jeff Lewis // Intense Puppy Love // Mango Margaritas|
Hey, it's okay...
- To jot down the season premiere of "Flipping Out" in your planner. Reminder: That's tonight, peeps!
- To have an imaginary conversation with your neighbor because you're so steamed he used all three of your trash cans, and the next pick-up day isn't until Thursday. Lucky for him, confrontation isn't really your thing, so you let it blow over.
- To blast the music of Marching Mizzou in your car on game day. Go Tigers!
- To plan this week's meals and purposefully include a grilled chicken recipe that requires tequila. Mango margaritas, anyone?!
- To send snail mail in lieu of email to friends you haven't replied to in several weeks. Perhaps they'll be more forgiving when they receive some pretty paper and an envelope heavily adorned in Washi tape.
- To whip out the WD-40, fix the sliding screen doors, and then walk around the house with a puffed chest, and a great sense of accomplishment. Anything else need fixing?
- To be a devoted viewer of "Big Brother After Dark" on Showtime. After weeks of tuning in, you start to forget that you're not actually playing the game. Darn. This realization makes you feel like you got evicted.
- To have a minor meltdown at Starbucks because you haven't had an Old-Fashioned Donut in almost three weeks. Pouting isn't just for children.
- To prep your outfits for the work week and realize that your choices primarily consist of stripes and polka dots. It's impossible to have a bad day when you're wearing either of these prints.
- To hug and squeeze your dog so tight you start to feel like Lennie from Of Mice and Men.
- To tune into the Republican and Democratic National Conventions just so you can see Tom Brokaw's mug and listen to the sounds of his soothing voice. I love that man!
- To dance around the house while you're cleaning and pretend you're in some viral "Call Me Maybe" video.
It's clear I've lost my marbles. Now kindly exit this post.
Such silliness can be attributed to excess sun exposure, fresh air, and caffeine.