If I'm being completely honest, I just REALLY wanted to drink a pink cocktail. Is that too much to ask?! And since I couldn't get my hands on any dragon fruit in the local area (to whip up this stunner), I settled on a summery concoction instead. Because even though it's technically fall, the 95-degree weather says otherwise. A sizzling September day in Swell Rio leaves this Fine parched...
Recipe from A Subtle Revelry
(Serves 2—or in my case one gin enthusiast)
3 BASIL SPRIGS
2 TBSP SIMPLE SYRUP
2 TBSP LIME JUICE
4 OZ GIN
4 OZ SPARKLING WATER
- Turn on some dance music. Steps two through five are going to be a real (boozy) doozy.
- Combine top six ingredients in a shaker and shake with delight.
- Strain into a mason jar glass that's filled with ice.
- Top with berries and a couple sprigs of fresh basil.
- Keep dancing. Your moves will improve with each sip, or at least that's what my family tells me! They never lie.
Cheers, m' dears!