"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN." — CHARLES EAMES
Happy Tuesday, m' dears! No need to beat around the bush. Let's get on with the colorful details, shall we?!
- I'd say today's batch of photos is an accurate representation of life at the moment with Max. He doesn't want to be held, but he also doesn't want me to put him down either. That makes perfect sense, right?! I thought so...
- Last Thursday was my 30th birthday and let me just tell you, Max was on one. I was hopeful he'd go easy on me (a temperament that's more gruntled than disgruntled), but that day was pretty rough. Thank God for nap time and a thoughtful friend who sent me a lovely assortment of macarons! You made what felt like an ordinary day EXTRAordinary!
- Speaking of birthday gifts, Flyboy went over the top this year and spoiled me with a bouquet from Farmgirl Flowers that was delivered each week throughout my birthday month. It was such a thoughtful surprise! He's a keeper, I tell you! Unfortunately, I think I've become slightly spoiled with my Thursday delivery. I could definitely get used to this...
- I had high hopes to capture a few photos of Max and me in honor of my 30th. I don't really like getting my picture taken, but for some silly reason, I wanted a photo to represent life at this very moment. I guess I got exactly what I hoped for, even if the pictures don't look as coiffed or posed as I'd envisioned. What was I thinking? Really, though...
- All of the candid shots and comical outtakes made me scratch my head and wonder how in the heck some of these bloggers and Instagrammers take such pretty pictures AND they do it often??? I scroll through my feed on a daily basis and see images of mothers and babies in pictures that appear to document their lives so effortlessly. I bow down.
- When my mom was here, she helped me swap out a few knick-knacks from our bedroom and guest room and encouraged me to incorporate them in the living room instead. Woop woop! Since the Fine boys outnumber the girls, I've found an odd desire to sprinkle pops of pink throughout our house. Moving this lamp and this throw pillow (on sale) to the living room was a total game changer. It tied everything together and upped the snazzy factor. Mama likes!!
- I wish I had a dollar for every time Max "organizes" the books on his bookshelf each day. Aside from stacking his literature and chucking the beloved board books at me and the dogs (Ouch!), he's taken a real interest in flipping through the pages. Who knew?! Occasionally when he's tired, I can convince him to sit on my lap and we thumb through a book or two together. These Touch Think Learn books and Slow Snail are some of our latest favorites.
- Since books are one of the babe's favorite things at the moment, I couldn't help but adore the fact that my college roommate sent Max a copy of The Polar Express for his first birthday. The thoughtful gesture and precious note left me all misty-eyed. It's not every day that you receive a gift enclosed with Condé Nast card stock. We'll cherish this forever!
- I know I share a lot of the humorous imperfections that come with having a baby. It makes for entertaining blog posts—what can I say?! Unfortunately, I sometimes wonder if my transparency might scare readers who are currently pregnant or brand new mothers. If you fit into either of those categories, listen up! If your experience is anything like mine, it may take a whole year for things to really click. Sure we hit a groove at three months, but I never realized that my love for this little guy would intensify like it has in the past few weeks. I feel like I see Max in a whole new way now that we're starting to really connect. This motherhood gig is getting SO good and I'm ecstatic about what's to come.
Alright, enough about me. How are YOU? I'm dying to know.