"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN." — CHARLES EAMES
Hola, sweet readers! Does anyone know what day it is at this point?! We're gearing up for ANOTHER road trip, but I thought I'd pop in amid the packing and share a little bit of what we've been up to before we part ways for the next few weeks. Let's get right to it...
- Flyboy and I can't get over what a difference a year makes. Last July, we were feeling pretty down and out. Maybe it's the prospect of a new assignment on the horizon that has lifted some weight off our shoulders, but this Summer in Swell Rio has been really good to us and for that we're very grateful. Or maybe we're just happy we scored a kiddie pool this year (Hehe! Remember this story??), I don't know what the difference is, but bless it.
- Speaking of kiddie pools, I got all dolled up to take a dip with m' clique and was pretty pleased with how my "momsemble" came together. In the words of Queen Bey, you could say I was feeling m' self. Anywho, this moment of confidence quickly fizzled when the mailman caught me taking a photo of yours truly. Yep, that right there is why I should just NEVER take selfies. Now whenever I see Mr. Courier Man I have to worry about the time he saw me skipping around the house in my swimsuit and sunnies. Gulp! Internet, this trip couldn't have come at a better time.
- June 30, 2017 will be a day I'll remember forever. Max and I were sitting in his room reading books before nap time. He had his little arm curled around my back and proceeded to tell me I was his best friend. What the?! I tried to mask the inevitable ugly cry until we parted ways, but the happiest tears streamed down my cheeks almost instantly. This unexpected moment was such a gift and I'll cling to it forever and ever. This felt like the best win.
- Over the long holiday weekend, I managed to carve in some time for snail mail. Huzzah! This hasn't happened in ages, and I'm fairly certain some of the new note cards I picked up in Austin were the perfect source of encouragement to sit down and write. There were a few pieces of stationery I opted to hoard because they might be too perfect on an inspiration board or something. The 'Gramming community tells me this is totally normal.
- Flyboy got the boat up and running just in time for the 4th of July. Woo hoo! Max has been talking about it nonstop for weeks, so he could barely contain his excitement when we told him Tuesday morning that we were headed to the lake. He's at such a fun age; he believes just about anything. Naturally parents like to capitalize on moments like this, so we told him that if he wanted to get on the boat, he had to wear his captain's hat. He took it VERY seriously and looked so stinking adorable, we almost forgot about getting stopped by the Game Wardens. In fact, I think our toddler's accessories were the primary reason we got a verbal warning in regards to the boat's broken horn. Oops!
- We're headed to Missouri for the next week to visit my in-laws. Then Max and I will drive to Iowa to spend some time with my side of the family. I won't be returning to Swell Rio until late July, so it's hard to predict when I'll get back to blogging. In the meantime, feel free to follow along on Instagram. I imagine many stories will be documented and photos will be shared. Stay tuned, and continue to have an amazing Summer!!
Let's catch up in a few weeks, okay?! I can't wait to hear what you've been up to. Until then, stay fabulous!