"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN." — CHARLES EAMES
Happy Wednesday, sweet readers! The start of this blog week is fashionably late but it's with good reason. Flyboy and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary on Monday, and I just couldn't bring myself to be cooped up at a computer when I could be spending quality time with m' boys and sweet Bee. Despite the crazy Texas weather we've experienced lately (tornadoes, flash floods, thunderstorms, etc.), our Memorial Day Weekend was quite delightful. I think I'll let the details do the the talking...
THE FEATURED DETAILS:
- Flyboy and I were jazzed about a four-day weekend together but the weather put a big damper on some of our original plans. While we sought out to do some yard work and enjoy the outdoors, hunkering down with Max might have been just what we needed instead—or that's how we tried to sell it to ourselves. Ha Ha! We spent lots of time watching the babe attempt to crawl (still lots of rolling and kicking, but no crawling) and chew on every toy in sight. Somehow we even managed to coax our tot into taking a nap with us in bed—this is a rarity these days as he's always on-the-go.
- We polished off the box of sweet treats my sister sent me from Sucré for Mother's Day. I honestly had no clue I could become SO obsessed with marshmallows. Dare I say I loved them even MORE than the macarons?! How is that possible?
- One can only make so many trips into Swell Rio before going stir crazy, especially when it's a holiday weekend and the weather is gross. On Sunday way ventured into San Antonio for a change of scenery. We indulged at The Yard House, made a pit stop and J.Crew, and loaded the cooler with our favorite goodies from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. Max traveled like a trooper, which made the tedious trip so much easier. Since the weather was wonky, we kept going back and forth as to whether or not we should go, but I'm really glad we decided to get out of Dodge after all.
- Somewhere along the way Max learned it's fun to squirt liquids from the nipple of his bottle. At first I thought it was a fluke, but then I witnessed him deliberately shoot formula at me while waiting for FB to check out at Trader Joe's. It hit my eyelid and the biggest ornery smile was painted on his face. Okay kid, how about we find another party trick?!
- My primary mission while visiting San Antone was to come home with Peonies. Because we were celebrating our anniversary and those beautimous blooms remind me of that special day, it just seemed necessary. Sweet success!
- Remember the post where I bragged about having gardening skills like Oprah? Well, it looks like my green thumb is thriving because I picked a dozen jalapenos from our garden box. Naturally our menu this week doesn't require any peppers, so I'm going to have to come up with creative ways to use them and stat. Suggestions??
Alright, enough of my babbling. How are YOU? How's your week? Did you do anything fun last weekend??