Alright, it's time I share two confessions with you...
- I haven't been keeping up with my New Year's Resolution, but that doesn't mean I haven't been enjoying m' gin.
- Code red! We are currently out of Hendrick's in the Fine household. See what I mean about confession numero uno?
Last Friday I polished off a bottle of my favorite spirit when I whipped up a batch of these Watermelon Gin Fizz Cocktails. While I was sad to see the last of my Hendrick's ration disappear, I must say it was totally worth it because this recipe was delicious and refreshing. In fact, if summer could be poured into a Collins glass, I'm certain it would taste just like this. And just in case you find yourself wondering how I'm managing to remain so chill about the unfortunate state of our Hendrick's drought, it's only because I know that Flyboy is going to pick up a bottle or two this weekend after he drops his favorite people off at the airport. Hallelujah!
WATERMELON GIN FIZZ
Recipe from Ashley Brooke Designs
(Serves 2—or in my case, one parched Fine)
2 CUPS OF DICED WATERMELON
3 OZ GIN
4 TBSP FRESH LIME JUICE
1/2 CUP OF GINGER ALE
LIME WEDGES, FOR GARNISH
- Puree or muddle diced watermelon.
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake it, shake, shake, shake, shake it...
- Pour into an ice-filled Collins glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Whip out a colorful striped straw and enjoy your delicious adult beverage.
Cheers, m' dears!