"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN." — CHARLES EAMES
Happy Tuesday, m' dears! You'll have to excuse me. As I pen today's post, I find I'm lagging BIG time. Flyboy and I are on DAY TWO of our Whole30 adventure, and I feel zapped. This no creamer in my coffee thing is no bueno. As a result, I've resorted to hot tea and it just doesn't have the same effect. Do any of you have some magical non-dairy potion I could use to doctor up my trusty cup of Joe?? If not, I can't help but ask myself WHY exactly we're doing this again?? Sigh. I hear the results are totally worth it, so I guess I'll buck it up. But in the meantime, if you find my writing is slightly off in the coming weeks, you can more than likely attribute it to the lack of java and gin. And because we've opted to jump on this "nutritional reset" bandwagon, this past weekend will definitely go down in the books as amaze balls because it consisted of everything wonderful such as pizza and nachos and Starbucks and cocktails. Ahhhhhhh! To top it all off, there were several outings to a nearby park and family jaunts around the base. In the afternoons while the babe slept, Flyboy hopped on his bike and hit the local country roads while I took a photography class online through Skillshare and practiced my skills in manual mode where a clean house and snoozing pups served as my models/props.
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THE FEATURED DETAILS:
- Upon cleaning out my purse, I found far too many fruit snack wrappers, old receipts, and a DINOSAUR. It also appears I've started buying accessories based on whether or not they might serve as potential entertainment for Max (hello, airplane keychain!). Does this mean I'm one step closer to finding the secret #BoyMom handbook? Only time will tell...
- Dressing your kid in a sweatshirt that reads "It's A Great Day" does NOT mean you will have a great day. Hey, I tried!
- Flyboy and I agreed there's nothing sweeter than the feeling you get when you're holding your child's hand as they perfect walking. What a bunch of saps! No, but seriously, it's wonderful! You WILL turn into a puddle of mush.
- Even though Skillshare's got me feeling a little more confident in shooting my DSLR in manual mode (I took this class), I still have GOBS to learn. For instance, I may have gotten the results I wanted as far as lighting goes, but WHY is it so hard for me to take a straight photo? Ha Ha! I'm beginning to believe my brain operates creatively with a right tilt.
- As you browse through today's photos, try not to be TOO jealous of our lovely linoleum floors. Yikes! #BaseHousingPerks
- On Sunday morning, we stopped by SBUX for breakfast. Compelled to savor my last Macchiato for the next month, I snapped a quick pic. Notice the heavenly warm glow shining down on my beloved iced beverage? In the event temptation toys with my emotions, I will live vicariously through this image. That kind of lighting is NO coincidence, my friends.
Alright, enough of our Swell Rio shenanigans. How the heck are YOU?! Do tell. I'm dying to know.
Oh, and if you have any Whole30 advice or recipes, feel free to dish!