"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN." — CHARLES EAMES
Happy Wednesday, m' dears! Let's get on with the delightful deetz, shall we?!
- October is typically one of my favorite months, but it was extra busy this year and for that reason I'm SO ready to say HELLO to November. My family will be coming to Swell Rio for Thanksgiving this year and I couldn't be more excited!! In fact, whenever Max and I get out this face puzzle, every blonde creation tends to be named MiMi. Seventeen days!
- As evident from today's batch of photos, Max refused to wear his Wild Things costume. Sigh! I tried to prepare myself for this scenario as much as possible, but after several attempts to get him to warm up to the ensemble over the weekend, Flyboy and I felt it was best to just throw in the towel and let him wear his flight suit instead. Um, could we BE any more basic?! Ha Ha! On the bright side, the three of us sat in the front yard and passed out candy to trick-or-treaters without any Max-related meltdowns, so the 2016 costume crisis was averted. Bless it! Something tells me my grandma knew this was inevitable because the costume is big enough for our wild one to wear next year. Yasssssssss!
- Call me crazy, but with the exception of Christmas time, I'm tempted to keep a few of the bats displayed on the gallery wall in Max's room year round. In the name of bat season in Austin or Batman, they're sort of simple and fun!
- HEB and Walmart have been letting me down BIG time in the flora department lately, so I had no choice but to take matters into my own hands last week and cut off a few branches from our Bougainvillea plant. It might not be very "fall" like or festive, but that's what the pumpkins are for. Right?! A punchy pop of pink never goes out of style.
- The Margot Top from J.Crew (as featured in Monday's Treat Yo Self post) has quickly become one of my fall favorites. It's easy to keep casual or dress up, and it jives well with our current warm weather. Of course, I'm REALLY eager to pair it with my trusty cardigans as soon as the Texas temps allow for it. That sounds ideal right about now!
- My father-in-law sent me this adorable print from Sugar Paper for my birthday and I think it suits the space in my bathroom quite perfectly. On days when I feel like a hot mess, at least I know that one of us has got it together.
- Do you see that last image of Max? I can't help but smile when I see the way his lips are situated and part of me gets incredibly giddy whenever I can document it with my camera. I like to refer to this particular expression as the "billfold lip." It's the same way my dad's mouth rests whenever he organizes his wallet and counts his money. I still recall the first time I watched Max make this face and I knew I'd seen it a thousand times before. Ah-ha! It's the billfold lip.
Enough about me. How the heck are you?! Did you have a HAPPY Halloween??
Post a Comment