|"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN." — CHARLES EAMES|
I'm wrapping up a deadline and Max is about to wake up from his nap soon, so let's get straight to the deetz...
- Flyboy was promoted and pinned on his new rank last week. Now we get to call him Major Fine. Ha! It's just TOO good. All corny jokes aside, we're pretty stinking proud of him and ecstatic about the bump in pay. Woot woot!
- Note to Self: When your mom suggests you have a sinus infection and you should probably see a doctor ASAP, just listen to the woman. I was sure my little cold would pass until I finally gave in and visited Urgent Care only to hear the local doc remind me that mother always knows best. Lesson learned. Now gimme ALLLLL the antibiotics and Bravo TV.
- The secret to a successful Summer can be found in a GINORMOUS (over six-feet tall) inflatable T-Rex sprinkler.
- Getting drenched by a dinosaur is great and all, but how fabulous are bundles of Peonies at Safeway for $3.99?! Shut. Up.
- My parents visited last week and we made a boat-load of little changes outside our house that ended up making a BIG impact. Swapping the outdoor lights with these, along with painting our shed, and bordering the garden beds with gravel left us feeling mighty proud. With each project we complete, the space feels more like us and I love that!
- All that work and a little play led us to Terrain for a dreamy and steamy afternoon in PA. So many treasures and a tasty treat I can't wait to tell you about. I think I'll save the rest of my rambling for tomorrow's post. There's a toddler stirring.
Now, what have YOU been up to? I'm dying to know.