Empty your tote.
What does it say about you?
I asked and you shared.
Learn a little bit about these lovely ladies (along with the occasional gent) and what they can't leave home without.
|*image via Bella Foster|
"I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it." -- Carrie Bradshaw
Lindsey Cavanaugh: Vintage Coach Briefcase Style Bag
"Perfect on-the-go city tote!"
Kristina Tutt: Ann Taylor Loft Summer Go-To Bag
"My Crazy Big Purse."
Cassandra Palumbo: Gianni Bini Purse
"I'm in love. I got this a few months ago. I love their shoes as well."
Lauren Davis: Does the Berner come with the bag?
"Waiting for friends to come over. Sitting on the couch. Paisley wouldn't leave me alone, so I figured I'd let him in the pics."
Susan Pezzolla: A Brown Fringe Tote from H&M
|Things I carry in it include: my wallet, Bare essentials Faux Tan bronzer, Volume Express THE FALSIES Black drama mascara, inFATuation lip gloss, sunglasses from forever 21, passport, hair clips, and an Olympus digital Camera.|
Angela: A bag on a mission.
"Can you tell I ran errands recently?"
|My wallet, checkbook, keys, (blue) chapstick, receipts from the BX, Jo-Ann Fabric, PetSmartiPod sock, my watch, eye drops, two packs of gum, a purple Flip-and-Tumble reusable shopping sack.|
Natalie Durkovich: My Beloved Satchel
"It used to look prettier, but after two years of wear and tear it's looking a bit more homely. I, however, couldn't give a rip. It's my favorite bag ever. I bought it in Italy when I lived there in 2009. I was quite fond of my black Calvin Klein tote until its handles snapped off after I shoved 12 pounds of crap in it (to avoid an overweight luggage charge — It's ITALY people!). Arrivederci CK tote, hello satchel."
Brianne Thoreson: Bag-Color Block Market Tote
wallet-timbuk2 travel wallet
hand lotion-Neutrogena Deep Moisture Body Cream, Butter Cream
Purell hand sanitizer
Renu travel size saline
M.A.C. lipstickNeutrogena MoistureShine Lip Soother with SPF 20, Shine
Skip Hop Swipe Baby Wipes Case
eos Organic Lip Balm
Kenneth Cole sample cards to make my purse smell great!
Sarah Wilson: Summer Bag
A timeless, classic piece. A trip to the Hampton's, anyone?
Wallet, sunglasses, sunglasses case, deck of cards, passport case, shine erasers, two Coor's Light bottle caps (That's my kinda girl!), nasal spray, lip gloss X3, zip drive, Sharpie, Tide-To-Go pen, a coupon for free Chili's chips and salsa -- I still need to use that, and headphones.
Faye Mattie Crowell: A tenacious tote.
"The bag and contents I take with me to the clinic."
I'm embarrassed by how much I carry around, but the highlights include:
4 various medical/pharmacological reference texts
a couple cloth napkins
a reusable Velcro snack bag
the oh-so-important birth control pills
Of course, the usual stuff like keys, cash, cards, compact, gum, mints, eye drops, water bottle are in there too.
Julia Snell: A Very Berry Paisley Tote Bag
"I love it because it has a long shoulder strap and a sturdy base so it is easier to load full of crap. It is also the perfect go to carry on for flying because it has six little pockets on the inside so you can keep your snacks and entertainment organized."
|I take this bag to work each day, and it holds:|
2 - 32 oz Nalgene bottles filled with water
My lunch box (see image below)
An extra pair of shoes (sometimes)
A jacket or a sweater (sometimes)
|It's a lunch box during the work week and a cooler on the weekend |
(it holds 6 cans of beer in a perfectly discrete way).
Jonathan Brenden Clark: Polo Ralph Lauren Canvas Tote
"A boy has got to be well read and well primped..."
|MY STUFF: Clockwise from bottom left|
Shu Uemura DepSea Lip Moisturizer
Jurlique Day Brightening Cream SPF
Ipod Nano (RED) Edition
Shiseido compact (a boy needs a mirror)
Kerastase Chroma Cristal Shine Reflector Hair Mist
Louis Vuitton checkbook
Vintage enamel cigarette case
Jordon Furnell: Fossil Crossbody
For the creative girl on-the-go
|Inside it you will always find:|
You may find the following items spilling over the sides:
My massive coupon book
Aubrey Richardson: My Pro Fringe Sister
|See the contents and their correlating numbers for my explanations:)|
1. First and foremost, it is important to note that my purse also doubles as a portable trash can! A sundry of receipts, coupons, lists, and parking tickets can be found in my purse at any given time. Occasionally, a perishable will make the roster...this rarely ends well.
2. I always seem to be toting around entirely too many lip glosses. However, switching from a nude color to a richer red is always a great way to transition from day to night with minimal effort. Never hurts to keep your options open.
3. My lovely sister has made valiant efforts in helping me get my life organized. This precious Sarah Pinto planner keeps me inspired to plan ahead. Monday starts out refreshed and ambitious with a full page entry, but by Thursday the pages are typically blank:) I always like to keep a Moleskine notebook with me to scratch down everything from songs on the radio (not while driving) to grocery lists (which I rarely adhere to...how do you pass up a deal on animal crackers).
4. While emptying out the contents of my purse I found two concert tickets. One from a Cold War Kids show at the Blue Note and another from a Pixies show we went to in St. Paul:) Some of my favorite memories I have with Nick (my stellar boyfriend) are spent at the different concerts we go to together. However, this may be in large part to the copious amounts of over priced liquor consumed on such outings. My sister can attest to the consequential late night calls (aka drunk dials)!
5. My absolute essentials that I NEVER leave the house without are...my sweet state of the art Samsung phone (which does not ring or vibrate...best "app" EVER), Fossil wallet where I keep all my cash monay, and a can of C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve which I have an intense love/hate relationship with. Why do they make that thing so hard to open? Please tell me I'm not the only one with this struggle!
6. Recently my mom sent me the sweetest embroidered bookmark from the Cornflower Blue Studio on etsy. She told me to keep it in my purse so I would have a daily reminder of how much she loves me:) I have the greatest family ever...fact! Last but not least are my party shades which are an absolute MUST in my day to day life! I find their day-glo colors pair perfectly with any outfit! Not to mention the convenience of a flip shade allows me to stroll in and out of buildings without ever having to take them off;) And I avoid looking like a fool in those dorky transition lenses...what is good enough for Urkel is good enough for me!
And finally... Flyboy's Backpack
"For those in the mile high club."
|The contents remain classified. Pardon the disco belt. Safety first.|
I appreciate the overwhelming number of submissions.
You guys are great! Above all, thanks for humoring me and supporting my blog. This was so much fun. I believe Coco Chanel would approve -- you've been classy and fabulous!!
I love it! Have you ever heard of the poem by Shel Silverstein "What's in the Sack?"ReplyDelete
If not.. it's your lucky day!
WHAT'S IN THE SACK?
by Shel Silverstein
What's in the sack? What's in the sack?
Is it some mushrooms or is it the moon?
Is it love letters or downy goosefeathers?
Or maybe the world's most enormous balloon?
What's in the sack? That's all they ask me.
Could it be popcorn or marbles or books?
Is it two years' worth of your dirty laundry,
Or the biggest ol' meatball that's ever been cooked?
Does anyone ask me, "Hey, when is your birthday?"
"Can you play Monopoly?" "Do you like beans?"
"What is the capital of Yugoslavia?"
Or "Who embroidered that rose on your jeans?"
No, what's in the sack? That's all they care about.
Is it a rock or a rolled-up giraffe?
Is it pickles or nickels or busted bicycles?
And if we guess it, will you give us half?
Do they ask where I've been, or how long I'll be stayin',
Where I'll be goin', or when I'll be back,
Or "How do?" or "What's new?" or "Hey, why are you blue?"
No, all they keep asking is, "What's in the sack?"
"What's in the sack?" I'm blowin' my stack
At the next one who asks me, "What's in the sack?"
Oh no. Not you, too!