I read this again recently and found it hilarious. I believe it was originally posted by the ever-adorkable Zooey D. back in August, but I found it appropriate to post and share because I'm visiting the Mainland. The transition from 80 degree temps to 50 degrees is a big change, but warmly welcomed. We're talking three weeks of sweater- and boot-wearing bliss. I couldn't be happier.
TOP 10 TIPS AND TRICKS FOR A WINTER BODY
by Zooey Deschanel
1. Start practicing with your parka. Wear it around the house, to a barbeque or to the beach. When a dude says, “You look hot,” say, “Thank you, this jacket is certified to minus 60% below zero.” Then wink. You know what he means ladies, right? Right?
Ladies, winter is coming up and we have to get ready. With the equinox just 5 short months away, what does the modern woman need to do to get ready for sweater season?
2. Try doing everyday stuff with mittens on. Like typing. Have fun! E.g. ahudfnjk;afbdjfbjkls093u84urahlu = happy holidays
3. Eat gingerbread willy-nilly. You’re welcome.
4. Q. It’s the holidays! Calories don’t count, right? A. Correct. You must adopt this attitude to successfully attain a winter steaze.
5. Fly some family members out to see you, preferably more than can fit in your apartment or house.Make them share towels. Watch the magic as it happens.
6. Rock some Christmas tunes at work. People will love this. No one loves ‘Holly Jolly Christmas’ more than your co-workers. Play it loud.
7. Time for pajamas! You sweat at night? Too bad! You have to suffer for a winter body.
8. Festive sweater time. Get comfy in your sweet Cosby with X-mas trees or a menorah. Let everyone know what’s up.
9. SPF 1 zillion. Do it.
10. If it doesn’t have a crust, don’t eat it. All the best winter meals start and end with pie. Embrace this, now.
Well that’s all I have. Attaining a winter body is a challenge, but with enough perseverance and ambition, you can do it. I know you can.
Tomorrow is pajama day at my mom's school. Did I tell you I get to volunteer at her school? Woo hoo! I finally get to meet her teacher friends and precious students... in plaid jammies and slippers. It's not exactly the ideal way to meet new people, but why not?
This is too funny! I was just thinking about how since finals I haven't been able to go to the gym and probably won't till after Christmas, but what the heck, you have to treat yourself during the holidays right?ReplyDelete
Love it! And uh, PJ day at school is awesome; Charlie lives for those days! I'm thinking of having one here at SISLT over break... ;)ReplyDelete
Oh, Zooey D! Have so much fun, dear!ReplyDelete
Love that! Calories haven't counted for like a week in my house because of finals, so I'm thinking for the rest of the month they won't count for anything. Enjoy spending time with your mom at school!ReplyDelete
Hilarious! Enjoy your party!ReplyDelete