Last Thursday—days shy of hitting 34 weeks—Flyboy and I finally met our doctor. Maybe it's just me, but it felt a little nutty to shake this man's hand for the FIRST time in 8.5 months. Oh, hello! He seemed pretty nice, but it took this whole pregnancy thing to another level of realness. October 12th will be here before we know it, and whether or not I feel prepared to welcome Max into the world really depends on WHEN you ask me. Ha! In an effort to cross any remaining tasks from m' to-do list, I figured it's time I start thinking about my hospital bag. As someone who delights in bags and packing, this ought to be 60 percent fun and 40 percent terrifying. Filling my trusty weekender with as many fun and functional items as possible ought to put me at ease. While I'll also be toting along the not-so-cute necessities, I thought I'd focus on a few colorful essentials to take with me on D-Day or Delivery Day.
WHAT YOU'LL FIND IN MY HOSPITAL BAG:
- Labor & Delivery Kit // I'm a sucker for all things Pinch Provisions, so naturally I was drawn to this handy must-have.
- Baggu Weekend Bag // My colorful essentials deserve to be schlepped around in something cute. Baggu to the rescue!
- Vintage Pajama Set // I plan to bring along several comfy options. This pajama set is one of my all-time favorites.
- Striped Onesie, Hat, and Booties // Because Max deserves to come home doused in striped cuteness...
- Clarity Pouch // In an effort to look and feel semi-attractive, it might be nice to have a few of m' fave toiletries on hand.
- Camera // I imagine we'll want to document the momentous day as Captain Adorable graces us with his presence.
- Swaddling Blanket // It's time to put those swaddling skills to good use, and polka-dots make everything better.
- Pom-Pom Slippers // In case we're just meeting, I have an affinity for pom-pom everything. These need no explanation.
- Bye Felicia Tee // Some people love being preggers, but I'm SO ready to say Bye, Felicia! This shirt says it best.
- Refresh Oil // A refreshing preggo pick-me-up. This stuff smells crazy good, and it helps curb queasiness and anxiety.
- Thank-You Goodies for Nurses and Staff // I plan on having a few blank thank-you notes, chocolate bars, and Starbucks gift cards with me so we can properly show gratitude to the hospital staff.
To all the pregnancy pros who might read this, feel free to share any suggestions.
What did you find handy or helpful?