"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN." — CHARLES EAMES
Happy Tuesday, m' dears! The in-laws arrive tomorrow and we're ONE week away from our departure East. Huzzah! Needless to say, things are pretty busy around Swell Rio as I attempt to prep for guests, maintain the ol' blog, and pack for our upcoming trip—all while tending to Sir Maxalot's every need. Hmm, this could get interesting... How about we jump straight to the details?
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THE FEATURED DETAILS:
- The warmer Texas temps mean it's time I finally unpack my colorful chinos and incorporate them into the daily mom-semble (stripes and snazzy flats—you know the drill). It's a nice change from the denim I wore most days this winter.
- In last's week's Thursday's Thoughts post, I told you about my risky move to order perfume online having never actually smelled the scent. Oops! Weeks later, I'm still incredibly smitten with the Wild Bluebell Cologne. As hokey as it sounds, it manages to make me feel a teensy bit special, even when my days are spent dodging spit-up and diaper blowouts.
- Max's Freshly Picked Moccasins arrived last Wednesday, and I'm officially hooked! Hooray for shoes that actually stay on your baby's feet!! Who knew such a thing existed AND they can be aesthetically pleasing?? I still can't believe it.
- Our Walmart carries confetti-filled Easter eggs, so naturally I felt the need to pick up a few cartons to take to my mom. I imagine she'll be able to share them with her school kids. Also, do you really need an excuse to buy confetti-filled eggs?
- Sometimes I wonder how I'm going to pull everything off this week. If all else fails, we've got Tulips on the kitchen table and there's Mrs. Meyer's in the soap dispensers, so I'd say we're already winning!
- Last Friday afternoon, I made a bunch of baby food with our nifty Baby Brezza, and I had the most fun! Later that evening, I told Flyboy about the entire process and how it required adorable little jars, Washi tape, and a Sharpie. He smirked when he realized how much joy it brought me. Why are some of the most mundane tasks (refilling soap dispensers, making baby food, etc.) the most relaxing and fulfilling?
- My in-laws sent Max this cute Peek-A-Boo Bear for Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, Beesly despises the bear's up-and-down motion and high-pitched giggle. I have to keep the poor toy in the closet because I'm not sure I can trust her alone with it. It's hilarious to watch her interact with the bear. I suppose she thinks she's protecting Max or something?!?
Alright, enough of my babbling. How are YOU? How's your week? Happy St. Paddy's Day!!
Post a Comment