I wanted to sip on a punchy pink cocktail for my 30th birthday, so I hopped on Amazon and ordered some dried dragonfruit. I've had my eye on this recipe for almost two months and thought it was only fitting I celebrate in style with my spirit of choice. Out of all the cocktails I've whipped up in the past year, this is definitely one I wouldn't mind making again and again. And that color though...
DRAGONFRUIT GIN AND TONIC
Recipe from Quitokeeto
1 OZ DRIED DRAGONFRUIT
2 CUPS OF GIN
2 OZ DRAGONFRUIT GIN
2 OZ TONIC WATER
2-4 OZ SPARKLING WATER
- Combine the dragonfruit and gin in a jar and allow to infuse for a couple of hours, or overnight if you have the time. I opted to infuse mine for a full day so I could get a really rich hot pink color. Priorities, my friends...
- When you're ready to mix drinks, strain the gin to remove any slices and solids.
- Combine two ounces of dragonfruit gin, two ounces of tonic water, and two ounces of sparkling water in a cocktail shaker or mason jar with lots of ice. Double or triple the amount depending on the number of drinks you plan to make. Shake well, taste, and add more sparkling water if you'd like.
- Pour into ice cube filled glasses, each with a thin slice of lemon.
- Refrigerate remaining dragonfruit gin.
- Enjoy your pretty pink drink!
Cheers, m' dears!
Post a Comment