"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN." — CHARLES EAMES
Happy Tuesday, m' dears! Is it Friday yet? Yeah, I didn't think so. Sigh. Maybe it's best if we just get straight to the details??
- We're incredibly eager for Flyboy to return from his weeklong trip to Missouri. Woo Hoo!! Now, I realize I can't even complain about a measly seven days spent apart, but teething and this rainy weather has made the time pass by at a snail's pace. A little relief and the promise to return home bearing Trader Joe's goodies has me feeling extra giddy today. I can already envision myself passing Tot off to Pop while I devour Corn Chile Salsa and Three Layer Hummus.
- Sometimes I forget we've grown accustomed to mild temps and sunny weather after spending the past seven years in Hawaii and Texas. Now that Max has become so active, I can't help but feel for parents with littles who are stuck inside during the yucky Winter months. We had several rainy days in a row, and I never realized how much I rely on our daily walks. Can you say SANITY SAVER?!? It helps us break up the day! The recent spell of drab weather had us itching to bust out the stroller, hit the pavement, and spend some time at the park. I promise to never take good weather for granted.
- I grew up in a family of mostly girls, so having Max throws me for a loop! Everyone tells you how rambunctious and mischievous boys can be, but I never envisioned it would start this soon. Yowzah! I see my friends with little girls and they're all very mild-mannered and focused. Meanwhile, Max acts quickly and is constantly scheming. I like to think I always bring my A-game (hardy har har), but this wild fella keeps me on my toes. When he's not climbing onto armchairs or chucking his toys and food, he's chasing the pups or rearranging his books. How did I get a child so stubborn and determined? Unfortunately, I have a feeling it's only the beginning with this one. Lord help us, and buy me ALL the gin!!
- On the off-chance Max decided to nap this weekend (blergh, teething), I spent my free time catching up on Bravo drama and correspondence. These simple remedies help me bounce back after experiencing the insanity that is Hurricane Max. And when all else fails, just dress him in striped socks and colorful kicks. Crazy is better when it looks cute, am I right??
- Running errands got a little more adorable when this cheeky carryall arrived last week from Reese Witherspoon's company, Draper James. Eeeeeeeeek! My parents got it for me for my birthday (it was backordered), so I've been eager to sport the tote all around Swell Rio ever since. Do you think this means I'm one step closer to becoming Reese's bestie?? I'm sure it all sounds borderline stalker-ish, but I had the bag monogrammed just in case...
Enough about me. What are YOU up to these days??