Here's a glimpse of what's been going on around Lil' Puna lately...
|"The details are not the details. They make the design." — Charles Eames|
Hap-Hap-Happy Monday, m' dears! How goes it? All is swell on Lil' Puna. I had an awfully relaxing weekend; however, I have a terrible confession to share with you. I didn't make it to the beach. Oh, the horror! With two months left, I realized on Sunday afternoon — as I was washing the car no less — that I have to lay down the law and ensure we're seaside at least once each weekend until we leave. It just seems like a no-brainer. Come October, I know I'm going to miss those days more than anything else! Now, I must admit that this past weekend wasn't a complete wash because I dominated my to-do list, and I managed to visit one of my favorite little boutiques in the heart of Honolulu called Owens & Co and then skipped on over to Target for some mindless browsing and a much-needed Caramel Macchiato. I mean, what's a girl to do when her wingman is MIA and she's got to find a way to keep busy?
A few insta-update notes...
- Hump-Day Hues // A few Wednesdays ago I realized that a pop of hot pink seems to solve everything.
- Closet Confessions // It's a bit alarming how much clothing I've accrued (or ac-Crew-ed, wink, wink) since we moved to Hawaii. In my defense, our closets are rather small, and it's hard to cram everything in there. In an effort to prep for the upcoming move and clear my mind, I sorted through my closet and stored pieces I don't currently wear in Space Bags. These sorts of organizational tasks are so relaxing to me. It's my idea of a peaceful afternoon. Serenity now... insanity later!
- Double Up // I'll be honest, I still haven't gotten the hang of layering necklaces. I see other people do it, and it looks terrific. I try it, look in the mirror, and feel silly. I realized recently that the Crystal Venus Flytrap Necklace is the best way to ease into piling it on. It's probably one of my favorite necklaces.
- Lovely Loot // I received these adorable bookends from my mom, and I managed to score some seriously sweet Rifle Paper Co. stationery and colorful writing utensils from Target to get all creative.
- A Room with a View // Why does it take me two years to REALLY appreciate the view from Lil' Puna? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed it, but it means so much more to me now that our days are numbered.
- A Spot of Tea // Prince George's arrival was enough of a reason to finally use these precious tea bags.
- A Sweet Message // After catching up with my dad, I woke up the next morning to a text that warmed my heart. There are really no words to express just how much I love and adore that man.
- Queen B // Beesly is probably the sweetest and most patient dog ever. I'm sure you feel the same way about your pet(s), but I love that she'll play dress up with me whenever Flyboy's away.
- Tedious Tasks // Boring to-dos like grocery shopping are better when there are ribbons of caramel in your iced coffee drink, and when you roll up to your car and discover another Jetta has parked next to you. Um, did we just become best friends? It's like a subtle wink or nod that we're BFFs.
- I'm Flossie // There's a tropical storm headed toward Hawaii, and she goes by Flossie. Of course, this made me want to unleash my inner Kelis and replace bossy with Flossie. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to come up with any other witty lyrics, besides "I'm Flossie", but I did stock the house with batteries, water, candles, and granola bars, just in case we have to hunker down. In the event the storm hits and the power goes out, coming up with alternative lyrics will be priority number one. I promise!
I hope you had a fabulous weekend. What's made you grin from ear to ear lately?
Post a Comment