This is the Seinfeld of all One Fine Day posts. Yup, it's a post about NOTHING!
- BLOGSHOP PREP // This is THE weekend, and I feel like a kid on her first day of school. Eek! I'm equal parts excited and nervous. I've got my outfits (somewhat) planned and my bag of supplies is packed. I'm a naturally nervous and intense gal, so I'm praying that I can just let my guard down, relax, and be myself. Thankfully, I was able to coax Flyboy into joining me in Austin for the weekend. Yippee! The pups are going to a local kennel for a spa date, and we're going to woop it up in the Texas state capital. Yee Haw!
- A SNOWY SITCH // Remember my predicament with Hunter wellies, or boots in general? I'll jog your memory with this post. Anywho, we're headed back to MO for the holidays, and it occurred to me that the only shoes I packed were flats and a pair of tennis shoes. Oops! In all actuality, we haven't really had to deal with winter weather for almost five years. Back then, I turned to my trusty Uggs, but I have a feeling those aren't "on trend" anymore. Thankfully, I threw my old pair away when we moved to Hawaii so you don't have to worry about me committing fashion suicide this winter. Long story long, I'm going to give Hunter boots another shot and throw a pair of fleece-lined socks inside for warmth. I really want a pair of duck boots, but after a long discussion with my mom, I think they'll cut me off mid-calf, only making me look shorter. In my next life, I'm going to have really long legs and this will never be a problem. Ha!
- WRAP ATTACK // Every year I proclaim my love for wrapping gifts, and then boredom sets in. I've wrapped an obscene number of packages and tied eons of bows; I can no longer see straight. Does anyone else get to that point where they're over the gift-wrapping process?! My first wrapping sesh was filled with glee. I listened to Mariah Carey Christmas tunes and even twirled around the apartment. I can't lie, Tripp and Beesly were a little bit judgy. Almost a week later, my fun-tivity has turned into a drab assembly line. I can almost see the finish line. It's only a matter of time before I get those snazzy wrapped packages shipped off to the lovely recipients. Reminder: The holiday season is a marathon, not a sprint. (IMAGE CREDIT)
- THE COLOR PURPLE // With the exception of powder blue, periwinkle, and wimpy shades of pink, I've never been one to pooh-pooh a color. Very rarely do I turn to shades of purple, but Radiant Orchid, Pantone's 2014 color, is starting to grow on me. Maybe that's because it's a purplish pink?! (IMAGE CREDIT)
- PIZZAZZ // One of my all-time favorite words can be attributed to Diana Vreeland. I love the fact that it acknowledges her use of the noun as its origin. DV is the epitome of pizzazz.
- BREAKING SAD // This week, we said good-bye to Walt and Jesse. Halfway through the series, I couldn't wait to be done with the show. I just wanted to understand the buzz behind Breaking Bad and get some closure with the characters. Now that it's over, I wonder why we crushed through all five seasons so quickly. In a month's time, I became so inextricably involved with the plot and characters. The show is truly brilliant! I feel a sense of relief, but in a weird way, I also feel sad. There are NO more new episodes to watch. What's done is done. I guess this means it's time to find a good book! (IMAGE CREDIT)
P.S. There's still time to enter the HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY! A winner will be announced tomorrow.