"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN. " — CHARLES EAMES
Happy Tuesday, sweet readers! You could say that spring in Swell Rio is in full swing because we've spent the past two weekends sprucing up the joint with paint and plants. Once again, Home Depot becomes our home away from home as we put that delightful military discount to good use. The small changes we've made feel refreshing, and it's been relaxing to attack random projects as a family—after all, there are three of us these days. Being in the company of a six-month-old baby certainly keeps things interesting. In the old days we could divide and conquer as a duo, with great ease I might add. Now we attempt to tackle to-dos together, but that realistically means that one of us has a baby strapped to our chest and will most likely have to bail in the event the love nugget needs something and he usually does. Simple projects seem to become drawn out when you're tending to an infant, but we're learning that's okay. We have nothing but time down here. If anything, it's a nice reminder that all of this togetherness is a blessing.
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THE FEATURED DETAILS:
- In the past week or two I've been off my 'Grammin game. Forgive me. Max has become so handsy and feels the need to reach for my phone every chance he gets. Since it's fairly new I'm extra paranoid about him chucking it across the living room, which he's been known to do in the past. As a result, I haven't been taking as many photos and my Instagram feed feels a bit lackluster. While prepping today's post, I realized this is problematic. Better fix that and stat.
- I can't say enough great things about Benjamin Moore's Simply White. After painting the walls in the living room, I look around our rental and every piece of furniture and knick-knack really seems to pop. I love it! The space feels so clean.
- Speaking of clean, Tripp and Beesly visited the groomer last Sunday. They look so shiny and actually smell pleasant. It's a miracle! I can't say either dog was very pleased with their spa day. In fact, Beesly has been playing hard to get and refuses to look at the camera whenever I attempt to document her primped prettiness. Ah, the art of the look away...
- On Saturday morning, Flyboy rode his bike from the base to Lake Amistad in Laughlin AFB's Adventure Race. While the route was nothing new for him, it was a blast to see him get so jazzed to ride with a team and cheer them on.
- I'm not going to lie, it's taken awhile for the Swell Rio Starbucks to really master the Caramel Macchiato. I don't have much room to complain because I still can't believe we have one in this rinky-dink town, but in the last month I've noticed my initial sip is absolute bliss (as it should be) and my first thought is "Bravo baristas! You really nailed it."
- As evidenced by the photos, Max has such a happy spirit. His smiles are absolutely intoxicating; I could eat him up! Sure there are moments in which I feel overwhelmed and out of my element, but as each day passes he becomes more fun. It's a riot to witness this tiny human with such a BIG personality grow. Seeing the world through his eyes is a treat.
Alright, enough of my babbling. How are YOU? How's your week?