I'll blame this post on nostalgia and an afternoon of unplanned organization in our office closet. I thought I was going to do a little bit of quick filing; however, with storage and space being at a minimum, moving things around is like a strategic game of Jenga. I've got a few plastic containers that are housed in this particular closet, and I needed to get to the one labeled momentos. I had a handful of miscellaneous cards and pictures that I wanted to add to my collection of keepsakes. Getting to this particular Rubbermaid proved to be a lot more difficult than I'd originally expected. The next thing I know, I've got extra picture frames falling from the top shelf, along with old textbooks, and shredded paper filling. What was intended to be a quick and efficient task turned into a fussy Ashley surrounded by odds and ends strewn across the floor. Why not take advantage of the situation and venture down memory lane?
(Left to Right)
- My Grandpa built us this miniature red car. We thought it was so cool to actually go on real streets with it. As a true conformist, I remember wondering if it was allowed and worried about the police seeing us.
- My sister, Aubrey, and me. Once a protective older sister, always a protective older sister. Clearly, I took this job quite seriously. I still do!
- Our outfits ALWAYS matched or coordinated. People often thought we were twins for this very reason.
- Posing with Dad and Aub in front of a windmill in the Netherlands. I'm partial to Aub's outfit; I feel like it's an ode to the TV show Blossom. It's fabulous!
- This photo is tiny for a reason. My sister and I look like uncooperative boobs. How many times can you say your parents took you on a trip to Glacier Bay in Iceland? The least we could have done was smile pretty for the camera. My poor parents.
- I had to include this photo of my Grandma, sister, cousin, and me, because it's filled with so much perm!
- I was asked to play the coveted role of flower girl in my aunt's wedding. I should also note that it was the last time I was asked. Somehow, I managed to spill a cup of coffee all over my cream-colored satin dress. Mind you, this all happened BEFORE the actual ceremony.
- Hanging out with one of my besties in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Apparently, this impromptu photo sesh on the front stoop requires accessories and matching ensembles. Werq!
- I guess I was thirsty...
- Throwing Aubrey some shade. I imagine I didn't want to share the tricycle. Thankfully, a cute cardi, matching scrunchie, jean mini skirt, and Keds make the situation bearable.