Here's a glimpse of what's been going on around Lil' Puna lately...
|"The details are not the details. They make the design." — Charles Eames|
Happy Monday, m' dears! Flyboy returns home from a quick trip today, and I couldn't be more ecstatic. In true fashion, he was supposed to get home on Saturday evening and I'd envisioned a weekend filled with nachos and a How I Met Your Mother marathon. Much to my dismay, his plane broke down and he was delayed. Thankfully, I kept super busy this weekend with work and some odd jobs around the house (aka Ashley's Operation Organization). I also managed to sneak in a handful of quality phone calls with my mom. It was the kind of mindless chitchat about blogs, baubles, and recent pins — my absolute FAVORITE! And because I managed to tackle my to-dos on Sunday, you'll find me at the beach this afternoon and devouring a ginormous plate of nachos tonight. The best part? I'll have my partner in crime by my side for all of these fun-tivities! I guess it pays to be patient.
A few insta-update notes...
- "Breakfast" Cookie // I'm ashamed to admit that I ate a cookie for breakfast last week, and it was delicious with my coffee! The fact that there was oatmeal in the cookie made it easier to rationalize. Sometimes it feels good to break the rules. Does that make me a rebel now?
- Snail Mail Surprises // Over the past week, I received three different surprises in the mail from various friends and family. It was an unexpected dose of sunshine, and I'm incredibly grateful for their acts of kindness. I guess this means it's time to return the favor!
- Awesome Anniversary Weekend // Our anniversary fell over Memorial Day weekend, so we managed to spend gobs of quality time together. We celebrated by going out for dinner at Buzz's Steakhouse in Kailua; it was delish! Other exciting details include, HIMYM on Netflix, a Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake, a delightful dose of Vitamin D, and fresh Peonies. It doesn't get much better than that, my friends!
- Guilty Pleasures // My latest batch of snapshots prove that my favorite guilty pleasures include shiny things (i.e. excessive bling), watching Bravo in bed, and consuming mass quantities of sweets. Note to Self: Don't forget to work spinning into your schedule this week!
- Polka Dots & Polish // I bought Topshop's nail polish because of the cute packaging. Don't judge.
- Pop! Fizz! Clink! // Flyboy bought me a celebratory bottle of Hendrick's in honor of our anniversary. Confession: It took me a week to finally open it! What's wrong with me? After a rough day at work on Friday, I was quick to christen the new bottle.
- Tee Party // Flyboy received the Burnt Ends tee from my parents. When I showed it to him, he didn't say much. I thought it was a bit weird, but I hung it up in his closet anyway. Days later, he realized that it was for HIM. Um, duh! I guess he misunderstood and thought it was another one of my Treat Yo Self purchases. Needless to say, he was thrilled to find out that it was his, and I haven't been able to get him to wear any other t-shirt since. Speaking of tees, I sported my cycling t-shirt on Sunday because it reminded me of FB. I know it's cheesy, but those details make me feel closer whenever we're apart.
I hope you had a swell weekend.
What did you do that made you grin from ear to ear? Give it up. I'm dying to know!
P.S. Is it bad that I'm already addicted to Princesses of Long Island?
Post a Comment