Here's a glimpse of what's been going on around Lil' Puna lately...
|"The details are not the details. They make the design." — Charles Eames|
Wow, the reception to the Blogaversary Giveaway has been fantastic! Thanks for starting my week off with a bang. You guys sure know how to make this gal feel special! Can we just fast forward to Friday already and find out the winner? I'm so eager to box up the loot and mail it off to the lovely recipient, but I guess this is another instance in which I have to learn to be patient. With all of the hubbub on Monday, I didn't get around to my usual post: Life's Little Details. I try to schedule this post every other Monday to share a handful of memorable moments that have occurred over the past few weeks. They're the details that make this life oh-so sweet. Lately, there's been a lot of those pinch-me, I feel so blessed kind of moments. Let's get on with the post, and I'll give you the lowdown.
A few insta-update notes...
- Rooftop Confessions // There were a few rainy days last week, which meant buckets of water were just standing on our flat roof. Yuck! Once the sun came out, I made it a point to push the water off of the roof. It's one of those pesky Puna chores that I've grown to love, but I prefer to have Flyboy take care of instead. Whenever I'm up there, I'm reminded of Mary Poppins and I have this strong desire to sing "Chim Chim Cher-ee" as I push the water around. Each moment I'm up there, I'm completely blown away by the view of the bay. It's breathtaking! I guess the lyrics are right: "A sweep is as lucky as lucky can be."
- Feeling Craft-tastic! // It's not often that I whip out the Mod Podge, pom-poms, and colored twine, but when I do, it feels incredible! This past week has been a great reminder that I need to do more of this and OFTEN. I'm in the process of wrapping up Cocktail Corner (stay tuned for next week's post). I typically scrunch my nose and hate everything I make, but I'm proud (Gasp!) of myself with this one.
- Hey Y'all // Just when I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed with the idea of this move, I got this Hey Y'all print in the mail. There's something so warm and welcoming about seeing this southern phrase in gold foil. I even had a moment where I pictured it in our next home. The best part? I got excited!
- Cheap Thrills // I snagged this Yellow Fluoro Firefly Necklace from Bauble Bar last week. I love that every time you purchase something from the company, they give you credits toward your next purchase. Somehow I managed to get this one for under $20. VICTORY! This necklace is like a strand of sunshine.
- Snail Mail Station // Maybe you remember the Chroma Case make an appearance on the blog's Love List a few weeks ago? Well, it arrived and I squealed as I tore it from the Styrofoam padding. I quickly emptied my box of stationery and organized my collection of notecards in this new case. It's perfect! I call it Snail Mail Station. Apparently, my happy place comes in the form of a lime green galvanized box.
- B double E double R UN // After Flyboy's most recent trip to Germany, he managed to bring home a case of Hefe-Weissbier Hell. It's delicious, but we're trying to savor it until the in-laws visit.
- Dog Days of Summer // We've been spending a lot of time outside watering plants, washing the car, etc. The pups LOVE to be outside with us. While Beesly prefers to stay nearby (she loves attention and she's very loyal), Tripp has a newfound independence outdoors. He ventures up the hill by himself for about ten minutes. Considering the state we got him in, I couldn't be more thrilled. It's the cutest thing to watch him go his own way and explore. Of course, that is until he comes back down and throws up a bunch of sticks and weeds. Sorry I went there, but we like to keep it real around here.
Happy Tuesday, m' dears! What's made you grin from ear to ear lately?