Flyboy is leaving tonight for two weeks and things at work have picked up. Each night, I get home, throw something together for dinner, and sit on the couch with FB and the fur kids at my side. Sounds divine, right? Well, I've kind of neglected my family and friends in the process. I'm there physically, but I want to be "there" in that moment. I have emails that have piled up, and I sit on the couch in the evenings with the laptop attempting to throw together my next post. Before I know it, my sweet family is asleep and it's time to get ready for bed. It's been very "shampoo, rinse, repeat" around here. I need to find a balance in all areas of my life. This post sounds pretty familiar, doesn't it?
Anywho, instead of going on ad nauseum about this cray cray life, here are five ways I'm going to strive to achieve a balance and tackle my to-do list this weekend...
- Create and zhush blog posts in advance. Try to get ahead while Mr. Fine* is away.
- Work out. I'm ashamed to admit that it's been two weeks since I've hopped on the old spin bike. That's unacceptable! In the big scheme of things, I NEED that stress reliever.
- Make lists on pretty paper. It makes being productive so much sweeter!
- Take some time to unplug all iDevices. Being connected is not healthy. I have a silly callus on my thumb from my obsessive scrolling.
- Do something creative with a pen, pencil, or paintbrush.
*Sometimes it sounds so silly to refer to him as Flyboy. Get used to seeing other references such as FB, Mr. Fine, the mister, etc. I'm sure there are times you want to roll your eyes when you see Flyboy mentioned ONE more time. Ha ha!
How do you get ahead of your to-do list? What's your secret to achieving a healthy balance? Sometimes I just need a few deep breaths and a handful of charming images to clear my mind. In the spirit of this Friday's theme, here are five of my faves.
|The Illustrated Ensemble|
|Girlie Chiffon Bow|
|Donald Judd, anyone?|
|Thought Action Gainsborough by Leigh Wells|
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!
P.S. A special thanks to Carlie for the sweet blogger shout out this week! I just discovered your post last night. Thanks for the blog lovin'. Be sure to add Carlie Crash to your Google Reader -- she's an absolute hoot! Her posts remind me of witty write-ups you might find by Tina Fey or Mindy Kaling.