Today, I'd like to introduce you to a great friend of mine and a former boss, Amy Adam. She's been a tremendous mentor to me over the years, offering both words of wisdom and hearty belly laughs. Though she's too humble to admit it here, I still think she makes the world's greatest oatmeal raisin cookie. Thanks for sharing, Amy!
10 Random Things About Amy Adam:
- I would rather be living in the Pacific Northwest.
- I only like to swim in the ocean, or chlorinated pools. No murky lake water for me.
- I really, really, really want an Airstream trailer. The thirty foot International Signature model, to be exact.
- I love me some basset hounds. We'll have another one someday...
- I am terrified of tornadoes and spiders, which is why I'd do so much better living in Seattle than here in CoMo (see #1.)!
- My hair is naturally curly; if I go to bed with it wet, I look like Don King in the morning. Husband can confirm.
- Avocados are my obsession right now. On sandwiches, in guacamole... I've even found an avocado smoothie recipe I want to try. I'll let you know how it turns out!
- My nickname in junior high was Famous Amos. A foreshadowing of my cooking making skills, perhaps?
- One of my favorite toys as a kid was my Snoopy Sno-Cone machine, and I was so excited to find one at Toys R Us a few years ago. Have not used it once since purchasing it, so I need to remedy that this summer.
- I am so glad I'm the mom of two boys, because I am much more comfortable with Lightning McQueen, Mater and Transformers than with princess and Barbie stuff. I had to Google the Disney princesses the other day because I could not identify Sleeping Beauty when my oldest son asked who she was.
We want to get to know you...