Here's a list of items I've crossed off this past year...
- Invest in a nice pair of calf-hair flats and a great pair of jeans.
- Edit my closet. Quality over quantity.
- Try red lipstick (at least once). Oy with the poodles already! I think I put it on for five seconds and then wiped it off. I may have to try this one again...
- Reread The Elements of Style each year (this one is obviously ongoing).
- See Wicked—I still get chills just thinking about it!
- Go inside a C-17.
- Get published in one of my favorite magazines (even if it's just a letter to the editor). I think my appearance in Adore Home magazine counts, don't you?!
- Spend an afternoon at the MoMA—hands down one of the most amazing days of my life! (image)
- Have a job that requires me to have a personalized business card. It's the little things...
There you have it! Nothing groundbreaking, but sometimes it's important to look at what you've done before you can look ahead. Whether it's big or small, what do you hope to accomplish over the next year?
Image Credit: Top Image - Guggenheim Museum by Gray Malin.
Great list! I want to travel this year (probably to Chicago and possibly back to DC) and get back to working on my fitness. :)ReplyDelete
Oy with the poodles already? A Gilmore reference? Love it!ReplyDelete
Wicked is amazing. I saw it a few years ago when it was in San Diego and loved it. No shame in admitting I even cried in it.
Congratulations on crossing so much off.
I seriously can't handle how beautiful your posts are! I need you to teach me some tricks! Great list, great post as usual!ReplyDelete
Mandy aka Waiting On Martha
Lettters to the editor count. I like to think that it means the editor hand picked you.ReplyDelete
It took me a while to get used to red lipstick and now I have so many shades is ridiculous. I will admit to wiping it off the first few times I tried it. So, I went the baby steps route; with a gloss, a stain, and then a bold red lipstick.
SO much fun!! I wish I were at the MoMA right now!ReplyDelete
Really fantastic list! And for what it's worth, the 'wear red lipstick' thing is perpetually on my list...sigh.ReplyDelete
Haute Child in the City
Need to go back to the MOMA as well!ReplyDelete
So happy for you checking things off your list!ReplyDelete
I'd love to learn more about your job at JCrew. I bet you meet some swell people.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Yeay! I'm so happy for you! You have inspired me to do a life list. I'm still working on it but I'll be posting it on my blog soon. Thanks for your help and advice about sponsorships I'm still doing more research. Take care and hope to chat with you soon.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the encouragement sweet readers!!ReplyDelete