It's no secret that I'm a sucker for snail mail. It not only gives me a reason to buy snazzy card stock and washi tape, but sitting down to send a little postal pick-me-up to dear friends and family brings me oodles of joy. Since I started blogging, my list of pen pals has almost doubled, and I LOVE it! It's a nice little escape from the typical email, tweet, or Instagram comment — a personal way for me to connect with others and unplug from all the digital madness. I've received so many notes of encouragement, it's a little bit overwhelming. I feel truly blessed to have connected with so many people who delight in something as silly as a colorful envelopes, the occasional handful of confetti, and thoughtful words. It can be as simple as "I'm rooting for you!", to a favorite quote, or corny joke. I've learned that random pieces of mail with positive messages are like sunshine for my soul. Sending snail mail is almost as fabulous as receiving it. I love having a reason to skip to my mailbox only to find an unexpected envelope from a friend.
Since this brings ME so much happiness, I figured it was time to share the joy. Don't you want to receive a little snail mail sunshine? I think it's time for One Fine Day to go postal. Many of us connect via blogs, Twitter, and Instagram. It's obvious we have a lot in common. You like stationery, I like stationery. I think we should be pen pals. Whattaya think?
How it works:
- Anyone interested in joining the mail madness can email me your address.
- Each month, I'll pair you with a bloggie friend in which you will send a surprise piece of snail mail.
- It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just grab a cute note card and get creative.
- Don't know the person? No problem. This is a random act of kindness — a reason to make someone smile.
- Doodle a favorite quote or joke. Fill that envelope with a silly amount of confetti. Say "Howdy!"
- This shouldn't feel like another task to add to your To-Do list. It should be fun! We're bringing postal back!
Happy Monday! I hope this gives you something to smile about.
IMAGE CREDITS: Snail Mail // Fancy Stamps // Confetti // Vintage Stamps // Happy Note // Le Pen // Good Things Doodle // Envelope // Heart // Washi Tape // Bow Paper Clips
Post a Comment