Just a few recommendations that deserve a Type-A(shley) seal of approval:
- 1Canoe2 Oversized 2014 Calendar // It not only makes me excited for the new year (finally settling down in Swell Rio), but it's the one thing that really makes our temporary living sitch feel less like a dorm and more like a home. Not to mention, the colors in the art prints are just gorgeous! It's no secret I'm smitten.
- Metallic Dot Scarf // I must admit that I miss getting all gussied up for work, but this shouldn't be misinterpreted as me lounging around the apartment in yoga pants. No way! I can't operate like that. Most days, you'll find me in jeans and some sort of tee or button down. Accessories are a given. This scarf, in particular, is great because it has my favorite gold accents (in polka dots, no less). It's light enough to wear on a warm November day in Texas, but also allows me to pretend I'm experiencing fall weather.
- Lancome 'L' Absolu' Rouge in Exotic Orchid // The formula is creamy and the color is fabulous for fall.
- Bravo // This is a gimme, but since the return of Atlanta and Beverly Hills Housewives, along with Shahs of Sunset, I'm in heaven! What's a girl to do when her main squeeze has his nose in the books? Pretend she's hanging out with Nene and Reza while sipping on Diamond Water, duh!?! Speaking of Mrs. Leakes, I swear I saw Gregg's doppelgänger at the grocery store on Sunday. My mind is officially blown!
- The Goldbergs // I'm pleasantly surprised with this 80s-themed sitcom on ABC. Is it bad that Flyboy and I look forward to watching it BEFORE New Girl and The Mindy Project on our DVR? The cast is hilarious, the music makes me want to sing along, and the costumes leave me reminiscing about the days of shoulder pads and perms. Maybe we've lost our minds, but this show is pretty funny. Do you watch it?
- Pinch Provisions Minimergency Kit // Time and time again, this little kit comes to the rescue. It's probably my favorite purchase. Ever. In the last week, I've pulled mine out on three different occasions and it saved the day. This sounds like a PSA, but I'm certain every gal should have one handy!
- Bare Minerals All-Over Face Color in Clear Radiance // After watching this video on contouring, I was convinced I needed to give the beauty technique another shot. I picked up this highlighter and I love it. It's more pink than other highlighters I've tried, but it works quite nicely with my fair complexion.
- Mario Badescu Products // Since we moved, my skin has been angry and I've tried everything to get it back into working order. Making the change from humid Hawaii to dry Texas has not been easy, so I emailed Lara of The Glossarie for some skincare advice. Her blog is my go-to site for all things makeup and beauty related. I've always been pleased with her recommendations, and I believe we have similar skin types because my face always seems to agree with her suggestions. I knew she was a big fan of Mario Badescu, and the lower price point of the product line was rather enticing. About three weeks ago, I started using the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, Aloe Moisturizer, and Orange Cleansing Soap, and I'm so happy with the results. I use the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser 2-3 times a week, and I've noticed a big difference in the brightness of my complexion and overall texture. The Orange Cleansing Soap is very mild for my combination and sensitive skin; however, it does a nice job of taking off my makeup at the end of the day. I've struggled to find the right everyday moisturizer, and I think I found it with this Aloe lotion. It's lightweight and easily absorbs into the skin. It also acts as a nice primer for my foundation.
- Harney & Sons Peppermint Herbal Tea // This initially caught my eye because of the cute packaging, but I was also looking for a caffeine-free and low-cal nightcap to sip on in the evenings while watching m' shows. It's also appealing because I've had a terrible cold for the past week and drinking a cup of this stuff makes me feel like I can breathe again. I typically look forward to my nightly sweet treat, but lately I've been craving this instead. I'd say it was $6 well spent!
Tell me, what's something that you recommend or you can't live without?!