|Spring Tips: Keep it light (denim wash, fabrics, etc.). Incorporate pops of color with softer shades. Invest in a few versatile pieces (dress up or down).|
I'm so excited to welcome Becky Ankrum to One Fine Day today. Becky is an incredibly talented stylist who currently lives in the Minneapolis area with her musician husband and adorable baby girl. Since spring is only a month away and we're all quite eager to welcome warmer weather, I thought it might be fun to have Becky share some of her favorite pieces for spring.
BECKY'S SPRING ESSENTIALS:
- The Botkier's Legacy Mini Convertible—it's on my wish list. Blush colors (or more neutral colors in general) are so great for spring because it is such a refreshing change from winter's darker colors. This bag is great because it's light and airy and breezy as you can wear it as a cross-body or not. It's nice to have those options.
- The Nora Perforated Ballet Flat from J. Crew—I have the Quorras from last year and absolutely love them for warmer weather. My feet can breath without sweating to death. My two favorite colors are metallic gold (again, keeping with the neutrals) and also the bright kiwi because it's great to add a poppy spring color to your neutral ensemble.
- The Albany Biker Jacket from French Connection—a fantastic lightweight spring jacket. I love that it's a little bit tomboy (it being a biker jacket and all), but with the blush color it makes it just the right amount of feminine. Plus, with that color, it goes with just about any other color, and you can wear this jacket with a jeans and t-shirt look or with a dress/skirt.
- The J. Crew Pocket Umbrella in Neon Yellow Stripe—as I was saying, I always love a good pop of color, and with April showers, we need to be prepared for rain. What better way than with an adorable umbrella?
- The Ily Couture Wifey Tee is a great example of a lightweight and easy-to-wear tee. And this Oh My Chic Tee is equally darling. I can't decide, but I love these tees for spring because it's so nice to be able to show off those arms since they've been covered up for months.
- The J. Crew Vintage Straight Jeans are a-MAZING. They are incredibly comfy, and have just the right amount of distress to them. The lighter wash is perfect for spring, and you can dress them up with a pair of heels and a silk cami, or down with a tee and wedges.
- Speaking of wedges, I LOVE these Steve Madden Plungee Wedges. I'm a sucker for a good pair of cognac heels/wedges, and these are just fantastic. They will go with everything because of that neutral color and still cover up a good amount of your feet for those cooler spring days.
- Madewell's Beatrice Ankle-Strap Skimmer in Metallic is also another great spring option. The strap forces you to show off those ankles, and the metallic complements just about any color. Win win.
- I'm loving this Gap Cami Maxi Dress. Maxi dresses are perfect for cooler days as well—as they keep those stems covered up. Slap on a denim jacket (or a French Connection biker jacket while we're at it), and you have a perfect 60-degree weather outfit. This rose color is PHENOMENAL, and there's that shot of color I've been talking about.
- This Aritzia Madden Dress is a good go-to as well. It's nice to have sleeves as an option and you can't go wrong with stripes.
- How about a fantastic pop of color with this fabulous Rhinestone Necklace from Zara. I love the matte look. Both colors are fabulous, but the fresh greys and blues are soft and light for spring.
Thanks for sharing, Becky!
It's always nice to get tips from a stylist to rethink your wardrobe and a little encouragement to step outside your comfort zone.
Can't get enough of Becky and her impeccable style? Check out her Website, Facebook Page, and Instagram.