On my mind this Thursday morning...
"She's crazy. And just when you think you've reached the bottom of her craziness, there's a crazy underground garage." -- Karen Walker, Will & Grace
|Oh, military! You sometimes make things confusing. Decisions, decisions.|
|I miss my adorable sister and her dog, Dupree. How could you not?|
What I wouldn't give for just one afternoon together. It would hit the spot!
|On the bright side, Ric-Rac can fix anything.|
|This polka dot ballpoint pen takes the cake.|
It would take list making to a whole new level of sweetness!
|Can't wait to sit on the couch and cozy up with this great read! |
Release Date: September 6th
- Good morning September, I welcome you! You're going to be an exciting month, I know it.
- How in the world is it already September? Seriously.
- Not sure about the new addition of polka dots to the blog? The ADD is kicking in. I type and scroll, and I'm left with an uneasy feeling. I kind of miss the stripes, but it was time to zhush things up around here. We'll call it a "spruce-it-up in September" temporary change and feel it out.
- The first of the month means it's heartworm day. How pleasant!?!
- How are those Interceptor flavor tabs capable of making my fingers so stinky? Bleh.
- Sometimes I'm surprised I own two dogs. I wasn't really born a pet person, but I'm glad I've become one.
- I wish Tripp could just take Beesly's pill for her. That dog will eat anything, and he'll swallow it FAST! I'm still not sure how it's possible to eat a Beggin' Strip WHOLE -- that just takes talent!
- Now back to September -- The Holy Grail month for magazines, with issues fatter than the previous year. Please excuse me while I fan myself. I'm feeling a little verklempt!
- The 9th month of the year = the return of REAL TV. Get up for it!
- Did I tell you that I'm excited about The New Girl on Fox? It's going to be major. "Hey, Sailor!" Oh, and the premiere is after Glee.
- Shut the front door...
- Oh, that's just the premiere of The Rachel Zoe Project hitting Bravo.
- Is it bad that I can't wait to be "introduced" to baby Skyler? They feel like family.
- A baby clad in Missoni, Hermes and Gucci?? Are you for real? Maybe it's a teensy bit ridonkulous, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't entertained. This is Rodg and Rach we're talking about, peeps! Maybe Annie (as in Hathaway) and Brad will be the godparents? Only in my Bravo reality.
- I miss Sunday night clubhouse drinking games with Andy.
- Speaking of mazels, this is also a big month for birthdays!!
- Let's see, Lance Armstrong, Bill Murray, the USAF... Oh, along with Flyboy, Vati, and Kinnick!
- Eek, that means it's time to figure out gift ideas. Boys (err, I mean men) are so hard to shop for!
- Let's see, what else is happening in September?
- Mizzou Football BEGINS! Goooooooooooooo Tigers!
- A four-day weekend -- I don't want to jinx it, but flyboy might be home! How insanely great would that be? What to do? What to do?
- The end of the dreaded substitute teaching course (10 evenings, 3 hours each night, 2 quizzes, 1 test)! I'll just leave it at that.
- <Insert> Splash of optimism.
- Oh, and VISITORS!!! Woop woop!
- Ugh, I can't tell you how nice it will be to see a familiar face or two. And to be able to share our house and all sorts of touristy gems with island newbies is ah-mazing!
- What's almost as great as seeing family and friends? Preparing for their arrival.
- Lists, itineraries, grocery shopping, etc. This is when I get all haughty, and dare I say, excel?
- Planning is kinda my thing.
- So yeah, I'm pretty excited about what's to come.
- Add random cute quote to journal: "An idea about a world filled with seersucker and polka dots, friends and fireflies, cocktails and crosswords, personal style and simplicity."
- Final Notes: Buy a Parsley plant (you deserve it!) and check the Matchbook website. The September issue is LIVE!
What are you looking forward to this month?