On my mind this Thursday morning...
"She's crazy. And just when you think you've reached the bottom of her craziness, there's a crazy underground garage." -- Karen Walker, Will & Grace
|Oh, military! You sometimes make things confusing. Decisions, decisions.|
|I miss my adorable sister and her dog, Dupree. How could you not?|
What I wouldn't give for just one afternoon together. It would hit the spot!
|On the bright side, Ric-Rac can fix anything.|
|This polka dot ballpoint pen takes the cake.|
It would take list making to a whole new level of sweetness!
|Can't wait to sit on the couch and cozy up with this great read! |
Release Date: September 6th
- Good morning September, I welcome you! You're going to be an exciting month, I know it.
- How in the world is it already September? Seriously.
- Not sure about the new addition of polka dots to the blog? The ADD is kicking in. I type and scroll, and I'm left with an uneasy feeling. I kind of miss the stripes, but it was time to zhush things up around here. We'll call it a "spruce-it-up in September" temporary change and feel it out.
- The first of the month means it's heartworm day. How pleasant!?!
- How are those Interceptor flavor tabs capable of making my fingers so stinky? Bleh.
- Sometimes I'm surprised I own two dogs. I wasn't really born a pet person, but I'm glad I've become one.
- I wish Tripp could just take Beesly's pill for her. That dog will eat anything, and he'll swallow it FAST! I'm still not sure how it's possible to eat a Beggin' Strip WHOLE -- that just takes talent!
- Now back to September -- The Holy Grail month for magazines, with issues fatter than the previous year. Please excuse me while I fan myself. I'm feeling a little verklempt!
- The 9th month of the year = the return of REAL TV. Get up for it!
- Did I tell you that I'm excited about The New Girl on Fox? It's going to be major. "Hey, Sailor!" Oh, and the premiere is after Glee.
- Shut the front door...
- Oh, that's just the premiere of The Rachel Zoe Project hitting Bravo.
- Is it bad that I can't wait to be "introduced" to baby Skyler? They feel like family.
- A baby clad in Missoni, Hermes and Gucci?? Are you for real? Maybe it's a teensy bit ridonkulous, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't entertained. This is Rodg and Rach we're talking about, peeps! Maybe Annie (as in Hathaway) and Brad will be the godparents? Only in my Bravo reality.
- I miss Sunday night clubhouse drinking games with Andy.
- Speaking of mazels, this is also a big month for birthdays!!
- Let's see, Lance Armstrong, Bill Murray, the USAF... Oh, along with Flyboy, Vati, and Kinnick!
- Eek, that means it's time to figure out gift ideas. Boys (err, I mean men) are so hard to shop for!
- Let's see, what else is happening in September?
- Mizzou Football BEGINS! Goooooooooooooo Tigers!
- A four-day weekend -- I don't want to jinx it, but flyboy might be home! How insanely great would that be? What to do? What to do?
- The end of the dreaded substitute teaching course (10 evenings, 3 hours each night, 2 quizzes, 1 test)! I'll just leave it at that.
- <Insert> Splash of optimism.
- Oh, and VISITORS!!! Woop woop!
- Ugh, I can't tell you how nice it will be to see a familiar face or two. And to be able to share our house and all sorts of touristy gems with island newbies is ah-mazing!
- What's almost as great as seeing family and friends? Preparing for their arrival.
- Lists, itineraries, grocery shopping, etc. This is when I get all haughty, and dare I say, excel?
- Planning is kinda my thing.
- So yeah, I'm pretty excited about what's to come.
- Add random cute quote to journal: "An idea about a world filled with seersucker and polka dots, friends and fireflies, cocktails and crosswords, personal style and simplicity."
- Final Notes: Buy a Parsley plant (you deserve it!) and check the Matchbook website. The September issue is LIVE!
What are you looking forward to this month?
LOVE THIS!! have fun with all your september plans! :)ReplyDelete
Can't believe it's already September!! It looks like you have a lot this month!ReplyDelete
p.s. LOVING the polka dots!
Sept is my fav month - my birthday month too! :) LOVE celebrating birthdays! Oh and the beginning of fall - fav. season! Jeans & Cardi's, hoodies and all that follows the autumn season!ReplyDelete
Glad you have a month of fun to look forward too!
YAY! Thanks for the love, ladies:) I hope your September is off to a swell start.ReplyDelete