Here's a glimpse of what's been going on around Lil' Puna lately...
|"The details are not the details. They make the design." — Charles Eames
Happy Monday, sweet readers! I just wanted to pop in and say "Howdy!" As I mentioned last week, my father-in-law is visiting us this week. It's so nice to have a reason to take off from work and spend some quality time on the island together, but it's bizarre to think that this will be the last time we host family or friends while living at Lil' Puna. I want to soak it all up, so I'll probably keep posts this week pretty simple. Bear with me; it's time to live it up!
A few insta-update notes...
- Return to Sender // I was sifting through an old box of mementos and stumbled upon the postcard we sent ourselves from Swell Rio to Hawaii. It got me thinking about what our postcard from HI will say. One day it will be fun to look at all the postcards we've collected with each Air Force assignment.
- bridgeBOX // If you're looking for an amazing gift idea or you want to "Treat Yo Self," then you'll want to consider this incredibly adorable stationery subscription ($10/month) from River & Bridge. It kinda makes me wish I would have thought of this genius idea!
- The Life of Pie // I was sad to miss out on a fundraiser in which Flyboy got a pie thrown at his face. If you're wondering about the picture in which we looks like the Joker from Batman, it's because he got a Strawberry Cream Pie thrown at him and raised over $200 in the process. I was happy to find that someone documented the moment for the rest of us. Sweet, sweet revenge!
- Flyboy's Finny // About a week ago, Flyboy went on his final C-17 mission in Hawaii. It was bittersweet! He took off on a Sunday morning and his departure was bright and early. I always wanted to get up close and watch him take off from the base, so I loaded up the pups, grabbed some SBUX, and we watched him fly away. The moment was imperfectly perfect. Tripp was afraid of the jet noise (standard), Beesly was overheating and inattentive, the pictures I took were all blurry from my shaking hands. I found I wasn't coordinated enough to wave at Flyboy, get Beesly's attention, and work my camera all simultaneously. At one point, I just put everything down and blocked out the pups because I didn't want to forget this memory. I was overcome with so many emotions — proud, happy, and grateful.
- Carry On, Warrior // It's been awhile since I read a book that made me want to highlight passages and take copious notes. Within minutes of starting Carry On, Warrior, I was hooked! I've had the book for two weeks and could've easily finished it in one day, but I've been milking it because I never want it to end.
- Southern Slang // I was ecstatic to receive this "Y'ALL!" tee. It's the perfect way to suit up for Swell Rio!
- Sunday Fun Day // Yesterday was lovely! I pored over the September issue of Glamour magazine while sitting seaside and sipped on a French Gimlet later in the evening. I'd say we're whooping it up!
I hope you had a fabulous weekend. What's made you grin from ear to ear lately?