Here's what left me feeling thankful this week...
- Optimism — Flyboy returns today, and I couldn't be more grateful! We initially thought he'd be home in time for Turkey Day, but I never actually let myself believe it. I know that probably sounds like the opposite of optimism, but I knew I would be protecting myself from getting my hopes up. After a year or two of experience, I've grown savvy to these sorts of frequent changes. I'd come to the realization that Thanksgiving would be whenever he returned. And while I spent yesterday in the company of Tripp and Beesly on Lil' Puna, it was actually quite peaceful. I once read a quote by Mindy Kaling that really spoke to me. She said that her mom told her to be best friends with herself first and that she'd never feel lonely. I focused on that quote a lot this past week. With the help of the fur kids and FaceTime with my parents, I was reminded that I've got a lot to be thankful for. Now it's time to finally dig in to a 12 lb. turkey and some apple pie!
- Striped Shirts — I've yet to give a shout-out of gratitude to my favorite wardrobe stable. They're a no brainer; just add a statement necklace and you're good to go!
- Grace: A Memoir —This may be one of the most beautiful books I own. Her story of glamour and adventure is sensational and the sketches are whimsical. I find myself thumbing through the pages with such great delight. If you're a fan of Grace Coddington's work, this is a bookshelf must!
- Sparkly Skimmers —These flats add a dash of party and pizzazz to any outfit. Sometimes I wear them around the house for a little afternoon pick-me-up. I've found it has similar effects to gin — you're left feeling rather spirited, my friends!
- Fabulous Etsy Finds — I love hopping on to Etsy and checking out activity from friends in my circle. My dear pal, Anna Beth, has spectacular taste! She found some ah-mazing vendors this past week. How much do you love this tote? Adorbs! I love the feeling I get when I can't seem to press that little heart button fast enough. Thanks, AB!
Alright, enough about me...
What made you feel happy or grateful this week?
I like that adjective you chose, as well as those fantastic flats.ReplyDelete
Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Clothes for Less
fyi: I ordered a large print of 'Pillow Land' after seeing it on this post. :)ReplyDelete