Here's what left me feeling thankful this week...
- I love my job! -- A year ago, I had no idea how I'd spend my time while we lived in Hawaii. I kept applying for positions I thought would be best for me. They keyword is thought. Looking back, I had absolutely no idea what I actually needed at this time to become fulfilled. I'm happy to have let go and let God guide me in a completely different direction. Whenever Flyboy is away, I feel especially blessed to have somewhere to be and a reason to be needed.
- Making time to work out. -- When we lived in Texas, I made spinning a habit I was proud of. Perhaps it was because our schedules were so regimented and the border town in which we lived was a snooze fest. These days, I can find a gazillion different things I'd rather do around the house or lovely images to pin on Pinterest. I try to work out from time to time, but it's not a habit. This past week, I've made it a priority and I've realized what a difference it makes.
- An unexpected weekend with Flyboy. -- We hadn't planned on getting to spend this time together, but it seemed to work out. Boy, am I jazzed! You'll find us seaside with Starbucks on Saturday. How's that for alliteration?
- Mary Yonkman's recent posts regarding life as a military spouse. -- When I started blogging, I reached out to Mary and she was just as gracious and kind as I hoped she would be. I followed her blog, Tulips & Flight Suits, for awhile, and I found her to be relatable. This past week she discussed her husband's recent deployment and shared her feelings about military life -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. Her honest and endearing posts have made me proud to be a military spouse. In fact, she's inspired me to be better at it.
- Veteran's and their selfless service to our nation. -- A year ago, I penned this Veteran's Day post. I'm incredibly proud of what I wrote; I guess you could say it's a topic that's near and dear to me. From time to time, it's this particular post that prompts new readers to email me. If you're a new follower and you missed it, you can revisit it here. This weekend, be sure to thank a Veteran!
Alright, enough about me...
What made you feel happy or grateful this week?
ANF1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /