Here's a glimpse of what's been going on around Lil' Puna lately...
|"The details are not the details. They make the design." — Charles Eames|
Happy Monday, m' dears! How was your weekend? It was another wet one in Hawaii, but I didn't mind because Flyboy was around. That makes my heart happy, happy, happy. We got a little quality time with the DVR (e.g. Duck Dynasty, Glee, The Office, etc.) and ventured to the local theater to see Iron Man 3. I thought it was pretty good, but that could be the Junior Mints and popcorn talking. As I watched Gwyneth on the big screen, I started to think about my tasty treats and how they probably don't make an appearance in her cookbook. It's all good, right?!
A few insta-update notes...
- The Jet Life // I found this picture on Flyboy's phone and I had to make sure it made an appearance on the blog. I don't brag about him as often as I should, but FB recently upgraded to Aircraft Commander. I'm incredibly proud of him! It's also nice to have a more relaxed and laid back husband around Lil' Puna. I can tell there's a sense of relief now that his check ride is complete.
- Flowers in Your Hair // My parents got us this adorable Jonathan Adler vase as an early anniversary gift. Naturally, I was excited to get some frilly flowers to complete her look. These Anemones hit the spot!
- Blingin' It! // As evident from my latest photos, I can't seem to get enough jewelry. My studded bracelet makes me giggle. I feel like such a BA when I wear it, especially with bows and polka-dots.
- The Whole Nine Yards // I spent a good four hours working on the landscaping two weeks ago. I initially planned to pull some weeds and lay some new mulch; it was going to take an hour at most. After loading up with a few new plants, I found myself drenched with sweat and doused in bug spray. I'd pulled out a whole bed of plants, trimmed the foliage, and filled three trash cans with weeds. It was one of those instances where I realized that I've become my mother, and I love it!
- Heads Up! // My sister introduced me to Ellen's latest app — Heads Up. Have you tried it? This game is an absolute blast! Download it stat. Flyboy and I have been playing with one another a lot this past weekend, and we're so ready for the next couples game night. I think we're gonna bring it! I must admit that our first few rounds were pretty rocky. He gave great clues and impressions, I'd find myself drawing a blank, and vice versa. It was very Chandler and Monica of us! Our competitive side got the best of us at times, but I think we've hit a groove. I've at least stopped raising my voice, which is promising.
- Easy on the Pinot! // I snapped the last picture on our way to the dog groomer a few weeks ago. I still can't stop laughing at Beesly's Ramona eyes. They're ca-ray-zay! What can I say? She's a Berner that digs Bravo — a girl after my own heart.
I hope you had a swell weekend.
What did you do that made you grin from ear to ear? Give it up. I'm dying to know!