TEN THINGS I HOPE TO CROSS OFF MY LIFE LIST IN 2014:
- Learn calligraphy. Oh, it's happening! Lauren Essl's work makes me want to perfect my script.
- Splurge on a snazzy personalized address stamp. Because we move frequently, I'm always hesitant to pull the trigger on this one. It's going to be a LONG time until we have a permanent address, so why wait any longer?
- Swap our current desk for a Parsons. Ever since my first architecture course in college, I've lusted over this iconic piece.
- Visit Charleston. Our friends just moved there, and I've got an itch to share one of my favorite cities with Flyboy!
- Wear spectacles. If I wait for my eyesight to worsen, I'll never get to wear glasses. This is my year to find a pair that suits me and be bold enough to sport them with confidence. Also, isn't it like a blogger's rite of passage?!
- See Garth Brooks in concert with my dad. Flyboy and I saw Garth in concert in 2007, but part of me has always felt a little guilty that I saw him perform before my dad. Now that GB announced his 2014 tour, I know it's meant to be!
- Drive a truck down a gravel road with George Strait blaring on the radio. When we moved to Hawaii from Texas, I had regrets about this one. Now that we're back in TX and Flyboy still has his truck, I'm going to make this top priority.
- Buy a pair of cowboy boots. I realize items 6 through 8 make me seem like a real honky. When in Texas...
- Spend a weekend in Marfa, TX and get lost in the world of Donald Judd. This can't happen soon enough!
- Bake a cake using edible gold glitter. The real question, why has it taken me so long to cross this one off the list?!
And in case you were wondering, I crossed the following items off my list in 2013:
- Overcome my fear of wearing boots. After 16 years of pining over wellies, I worked up the courage to wear them.
- Attend a fancy blog workshop or conference, like Blogshop
or Alt Summit. (Thanks, mom and dad!)
- Splurge on fancy business/blogger cards! (Thanks, mom and dad!)
- Find the perfect storage container (vintage suitcase?) and create a stationery wardrobe.
Learn how to drive a stick shift so I can eventuallyown a Jetta TDI — They made an automatic TDI! Woo Hoo!
- Buy a fancy font or two for m' blog!
Do you have a Bucket List? Have you crossed anything off? What will you tackle it in 2014?