|"The details are not the details. They make the design." — Charles Eames|
Happy Monday, m' dears! As Flyboy preps for a quick cross-country trip this week—we're talking like one day—it got me thinking about how much time we've spent together since we left Hawaii. It's incredible, and I think I've become quite spoiled! I started to take this new norm for granted, and I'm reminded once again why this move to Texas should be treated as a gift. I guess something happens when you get married—or perhaps we're just really old souls—but you know you've hit a groove as a couple when weekends filled with matinees, grocery shopping, a bottle of Two-Buck Chuck, and an evening of Netflix leave you feeling joyful and grateful. There were so many weekends spent alone in Hawaii where I looked forward to the days when we could truly delight in the mundane. As a creature of habit, I love this kind of routine—one that's filled with simple moments that should be cherished. Nothing terribly exciting occurred this weekend, but we were together.
- We're really enjoying the juicer we got for Christmas. I've learned that it is possible to add TOO much grapefruit to the mix. Oh, the best part of juicing? The bold colors of each concoction. Of course, I've mixed some fruits and veggies together that result in rather hideous hues as well. Eww!
- Hell froze over in south Texas last week. It was the perfect excuse to whip out matches, light a candle, and watch Bravo. It's probably the closest we'll come to having a snow day.
- Get your cocktail shakers ready! I'm working with my sister's beau to create a signature One Fine Day drink. Yup! I'm still waiting on my "personal mixologist" to perfect the snazzy recipe; however, I do know that it will include gin (Duh!), and I'll call it the Texas Tipple. I imagine it will be delish!
- I've found you can turn any Monday around with push-pop confetti. I'm serious, it helps a lot!
- The handsome gent in specs would be my dad. I received this picture from my mom. Apparently, he's creating his very own gin. I couldn't be more proud. I only wish we were around to sample his spirits.
- If it wasn't apparent in last week's posts, I really love Austin. I can't get enough of the food, art, shops, etc. How fabulous is the colorful mural on that brick wall? It's so happy!
- Looking for a good read? I recommend The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown. I've had a lot of ah-ah moments.
Enough about me, how about you? What did you do this weekend that left you grinning from ear to ear?