|"The details are not the details. They make the design." — Charles Eames
Happy Monday, m' dears! I bet you knew this post was coming, didn't you?! Now that we're a week back into our routine in Texas, I thought it was time to relive some of my favorite moments from the past few weeks. After a whirlwind, it's always nice to reflect on the details that make life oh-so sweet. Whenever I stop to notice all the good, I'm reminded I'm blessed in bliss.
- Based on the shoes, jewelry, and nail polish I've acquired lately, I think I'm a big fan of Radiant Orchid. Thanks to Pantone, I've incorporated shades of purple into my life. Hooray for living colorfully!
- I've waited several months to get to use our giant 1Canoe2 wall calendar. It makes me excited for 2014 and the opportunity to finally settle in Swell Rio. If you know anything about this small border town in southwest Texas, you'll know this gleeful feeling could be a first. Ha Ha!
- After almost two weeks in Missouri, the pups seem to be going through a depression. They loved the open space to run and play. Life was quiet and they got oodles of attention! What's not to love? Now that we've returned to San Antone, they're back to their old tricks and it's like we're living in an apartment for the first time AGAIN. Lord, help me! Tripp and Beesly test my patience daily. Thank goodness they're really cute, they make me smile so big my cheeks hurt, and they warm my feet while I sit at the computer.
- Fact: Hunter wellies have this weird way of making you feel as fabulous as Kate Middleton whenever you throw them on and you trample around in the countryside. This could be my favorite discovery from the holiday season!!
- Yes, Tripp's slobber is frozen in that picture above. You didn't just make that up. That's what we like to call big dog problems around here.
- There's something incredibly funny about seeing Flyboy's truck adorned with Hawaii plates and icicles. Maybe it's just me, but one of these things just doesn't belong...
- Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures when visiting with my sister. Le sigh. I guess we were too busy brunching, antiquing, and doing sister stuff. Or maybe I was just too buzzed on my very first Bloody Mary to whip out my camera?! At any rate, time with her was wonderful!
- We have a handful of friends who are all expecting babies over the next few months. Eek! It's no secret that I love to pick out gifts, so this has been an absolute blast. In fact, I kind of feel like Miss Winfrey because I get to buy my favorite things as gifts, but in miniature form. Insert Oprah voice here and shout: "You get a pair of Sperry Top-Siders and you're going to be smothered in all things stripes and polka dots!"
- Fact: Returning home to a mailbox chock-full of snail mail makes my heart very happy.
- When Flyboy was in ROTC at Mizzou and we were just dating, I remember him declaring that he would buy a new road bike once he made the rank of captain. Looking back, that felt so far away. Ha Ha! Ten years later, he made that dream a reality and splurged on his dream bike. Words can't express how BIG this felt for both of us. He's worked really hard and he rarely treats himself, so it was fun to see him so giddy.
- Speaking of Mizzou, how about the Missouri Tigers and their incredible win at the Cotton Bowl? Woop Woop!
- Finally, I realized when I'm taking pictures of my lemon water for Instagram, that we're back to the old mundane and that's a-okay with me! We're in the home stretch now. That's such a great feeling!
Alright, enough about me. How about you? What makes you grin from ear to ear?