"THE DETAILS ARE NOT THE DETAILS. THEY MAKE THE DESIGN." — CHARLES EAMES
Happy Tuesday, m' dears! I hope your week is off to a smashing start. Let's get straight to the details, shall we?
- Flyboy's first Father's Day was a real treat (think cycling, Starbucks, Home Depot, etc.). In fact, I've got some pretty adorable snapshots of my favorite duo to prove it. My goodness, would you just look at them?! I truly don't think I could love these two anymore. The best part? They let me dress them in cheesy tees. Dreams really DO come true.
- The extra pep in my step can be attributed to fresh peaches and hot-pink peonies. I could ride this high forever!
- How about some Type-A(shley) logic? Remedy an uneventful day with a snazzy belt. I promise, it works. Bonus points if you add a slightly askew bow. I've found this trick has the same effect as wearing a crown, but not as showy. Ha!
- Hoarding ephemera is a task I don't take lightly. Now that we've lived in Swell Rio for over a year, I found it necessary to glean my desk drawers for any mementos I've acquired since we moved in. All I can say is YOWZAH! It looks like it's time to buy a bigger Rubbermaid tub. Parting with my favorite pieces of paper (snail mail, art prints, magazine tear sheets, ticket stubs, etc.) isn't an option. One day they're going to take part in an epic inspiration board. I just know it!
- When it comes to entertaining my favorite fuss bucket, I get by with a little help from my friends. In an act of desperation last Friday afternoon, I found myself sifting through a basket of toys and books just trying to get Max to stop sobbing. You could say it was a rough day for both of us. Thankfully, a puppet-on-a-stick and If I Were a Puppy... did the trick.
Alright, enough of my babbling. How are YOU?