|Jot it down on a cute notepad!|
I'm a stubborn gal. Actually, I prefer tenacious. Can we just call it that? I think it sounds fancier and sugarcoats what's really just pig-headed. But what kind of imagery is that?
I've noticed that when I go on the record with something, whether it's on the blog or to family and friends, I hold myself extra accountable. That's a good thing, right? But shouldn't I approach all facets of my life with such zeal and ambition? Ideally, yes.
As a creature of habit, it's easy for me to cling to my old ways, and boy do I love a good routine! So, I thought I'd share a few things I hope to accomplish in the month of August. You'll notice that most of these aren't groundbreaking. In fact, the items on the list are fun and give me something to look forward to and try this month.
As someone who occasionally adds things to her to-do list just so she can check them off -- you'll find that this month's agenda should be easily attainable. Baby steps, my friends! I'm trying to set myself up for success.
The August Agenda:
- Read Diane Keaton's book, Then Again. There's something absolutely intriguing about her!
- Doodle once a day for one full week. It relieves stress and recharges the creative juices. Need inspiration? Visit Grounded on the Daily.
- Jet Life: Flyboy pins on Captain. Woop Woop! This is kind of a gimme on the August Agenda, but it's something we've been looking forward to! I'm so proud of him and what he's accomplished so far. This calls for a celebration! Can you tell I'm excited by the number of exclamation points used?
- Invest in a navy blue blazer. It's a wardrobe staple, and I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to take the plunge. I'm thinking J.Crew's Schoolboy Blazer? Total shocker, I know!
- Organize my make-up bag and purge any products I don't use.
- To run, or not to run? I'm not a runner bean, but I'm super intrigued by the nationwide event, Color Run. In fact, there's going to be one held in Honolulu this November. Could this be a sign? As someone who likes to keep things nice and tidy, there's an aspect of the Color Run that seems so invigorating and fun. It's practically art! The downside? You have to run. Flyboy LOVES to run, and I secretly wish I had the stamina to enjoy this hobby together. I haven't completely committed to doing it, but I'm considering it. Although this may seem like a cop out to some, this is a big step for me. I promise to report back later this month with my decision. Perhaps a fancy new pair of sneakers would help? Has anyone participated in the Color Run? Any running tips for non-runners?
- Send snail mail to six different people. I haven't made time for this as much as I used to, and I hate that! If only my envelopes looked as pretty as this one...
- It's summer and I've yet to have an ice cream cone. What's wrong with me? I want a crunchy waffle cone and sticky knuckles -- from the melting ice cream, obvi!
- I've dabbled with Birchbox and Julep Maven, but I think I'd like to try Umba Box next. Who wouldn't love a surprise package of handmade goods at your doorstep? Who's with me? Get 10% off your first box with this code!
- We don't have a Chipotle on the island; it's a travesty! When I heard about BC Burrito, I got instantly excited. It seems to be the closest thing to our favorite chain on the island. Flyboy and I will definitely be testing out this restaurant sometime in August. It is decided.
- See Celeste and Jesse Forever. I love me some Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg.
- See Hope Springs. I professed my love for Diane Keaton earlier. The only actress I love more? The lovely Meryl Streep!! To top it all off, the movie features my favorite funny man, Steve Carell.
What's on your agenda this month? Anything you're looking forward to?
Happy Thursday, dear friends!
P.S. Meryl Streep will be in the WWHL Clubhouse tonight. You best believe I'll be tuning in! Heavenly.