Let's get right to it, shall we?
Here's what made me feel all twitterpated, smile contagiously, giggle uncontrollably, etc.
- Straw Fedora // Only in Swell Rio does a doctor tell you to lay out and get some sun, but I'll take it! Since my hats from Hawaii got smashed, I'm thinking this would be a nice replacement. For good measure, I'll add a splash of color with a snazzy Ban.do pom-pom flower pin. That was pretty predictable, right?! You've grown to expect it from me.
- Sling Back Sandals // These days, I rely heavily on accessories to detract from this awkward pregnant phase. I thought I was set on cute shoes for awhile until I saw these little gems. The scalloped detail. The gold. A-dorable!
- Wood Picture Frame // After drooling all over those sandals, I spent the better part of my evening ogling the Zara Home website. They have the cutest selection of house decor and the price point is unbeatable. Well done, Zara!
- Puff-Sleeve Blazer in Seersucker // I almost fell over when I saw this on J.Crew's website. Be still my heart. The seersucker. The puffy shoulder details. Gah, I wish I had a reason to buy/wear it! This blazer is money, my friends.
- Mother's Day Cards from Sugar Paper // Being a paper snob* can be problematic when you live in a remote border town. Naturally, I thought ahead and ordered cards in preparation for Mother's Day (May 11th). The team at Sugar Paper NEVER disappoints. Their service is speedy and they always include the most thoughtful personalized note.
- Peanut Butter Crack Brownies // I'll be really honest with you. For months, I couldn't wait to get our kitchen stuff so I could bake already. Now that we're in our new place and the household goods are stowed away, I can't bring myself to bake. It's not that I don't want to; I just don't know if I can trust myself. Sweets are my weakness and I'm trying to exercise self-control, even though being prego would be a fabulous reason to whip up something delectable and dig in. When I do finally decide it's time, you can bet I'll be making this recipe. If one of you would like to try the recipe and report back that they're disgusting, that would be fabulous, but highly unlikely. Just look at them! Heavenly.
- Jade Leather Baggu // I've never struggled with finding a reason to buy a new bag. It's only when we move and I have to figure out how to store them all that I curse myself and my life's passion for fabulous totes. Since I rectified the situation at our new space, I'm starting to consider what bag will be perfect as a diaper bag. Yeesh! This isn't a task that I take lightly and that's precisely the reason I started thinking about it back in February—just eight months shy of the due date. Ha! Obviously, this Baggu is too small, but the color is fantastic and the leather is yummy. The wheels are turning, my friends. Although, I'm sure my mind will change a gazillion more times over the next five months.
- Splurge vs. Steal // STYLE'N fashion and beauty contributor, Faith Pierce, compiled a list of cheap alternatives to some of our most beloved beauty products. I've gotta say, I'm intrigued by her picks. This is one list that's worth pinning!
- Glitter Tassel Drink Tags // How stinkin' precious are these? I love them so much! They're a cocktail corner MUST.
- Cactus Illustration by Elizabeth Graeber // Why can't real cacti be as cute as this drawing?! If they were, I'd save buckets of money and kill less plants. This southwest Texas terrain is a real doozy.
- Beach, please. // On Thursday, I had coffee with two other wives who moved to Swell Rio from Hawaii. Their husbands also flew C-17s in HI and they're currently stationed at Laughlin to be instructors here. It was nice to get out and socialize at the local coffee spot, Rio Grounds. I give the company and coffee two thumbs up, but I think we all left in agreement that we desperately miss the beach.
Welp, there you have it. Happy Friday, m' dears! Cheers to a snazzy weekend. Make it count.
*NOTE: You're a paper snob if the card selection at the local Wal-Mart or HEB just won't do. Hey, those are my only options around here. Sue me! I don't say this to sound haughty, I just appreciate quality card stock. It's m' thing.